jueves, 10 de abril de 2008

Peacock feathers

I love peacock feathers. They remind me of the mystical, the serenity of Baji and the wonder and awe of God's creative design. The feathers that I have are old, faded and a bit frayed so, I had been thinking of how beautiful new ones would look in the tall blue vase that Jere bought for one of my birthdays. However, finding peacock feathers in Costa Rica is not always easy - in fact I don't think I've every seen them here except at "ZooAve". Colin tried to bring some down, and even hand-carried them on the plane so they wouldn't get crushed, only to have them confiscated at customs upon his arrival. Therefore, one can imagine how surprised and delighted I felt when, returning home one afternoon, I saw a man walking along our dusty rural road with an armload of beautiful peacock feathers. (I mean, what are the chances!) Of course I bought as many as my "peaje" change dish would allow. My peacock feathers have taken on yet another profound meaning - God's infinite care in providing for our every need, even the smallest most whimsical!

3 comentarios:

The Ruhes dijo...

Estan grandes estos chamacos!!!

flinn dijo...

Wow! A blog! You are so advanced! Beautiful pictures! Last time I tried to leave a blog comment, it didn't work, so this may take a couple of tries (this is try #2). Hope you are well. We've all been really sick but are finally better now.
Love, Flinn
ps: Aria, thank you so much for letting us know about this blog!

CLucas dijo...

Thank you for sharing our thoughts on the grace God shows us. I've been thinking about gratitude also. How blessed we are. Life has been like a flower's unfolding petals, more beautiful with time.

God bless,
Chela